Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where to begin?

I have decided to start this blog as a way to vent my frustration and anger at the actions of the Bush administration, and the incompetence and cowardice of the "mainstream media" in covering or failing to cover those actions. I have been reading various left-of-center blogs for the last few years, and have spent a lot of time and energy fuming and fulminiating to myself or close family, without writing anything down or doing anything about it.

I get all my news from these blogs and other news sources, as opposed to investigative digging or newsreading on my own, so this blog will probably be a sort of 'remora', swimming along after the big blogs and commenting on their content.

My immediate inspiration for beginning this blog was the blog of Glenn Greenwald, who stands head and shoulders above all the other bloggers I have read in the clarity and anger of his writing, and above all in his refusal to resort to childish ad-hominem attacks on villains in the administration or the press. He uses no exclamation points, ALL-CAPITAL RANTS!!, "text vocalizations" ("Er..", "Um..."), text strikeout, foul language, or any other irritants, and still manages to convey his utter disgust and contempt for the Bush administration and their lapdogs in the media. His Comments section is occasionally tainted with some of the irritants described above, but he has recently expressed his intent to do a little weeding there, which I applaud.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan,
I look forward to reading seeing your thinking in print.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to your future columns.

Carpe Veritas

Bruce and Johanne

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ethan,

As a relative computer illiterate, I have never looked into anyone's blog before. You provide a great reason to start now. I'm looking forward to regularly checking your site, and perhaps even to offer an occasional response.

Good luck,

Tim

1:08 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Grabbe said...

Hi, Ethan. Sandy Grabbe here, in Wellfleet. I just discovered your blog. Sven and I look forward to reading it. I just wrote about Nancy in mine, bybeasbedside, also at blogspot.com.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home